Doha, Qatar Senior Mechanical Estimation Engineer Job, 13th Aug, 2014
Chiyoda is involved in project development from EPC to Operation and Maintenance (O&M) in the field of Plant Life Cycle Engineering. Chiyoda continue to contribute further to Qatari sustainable development by following on from their design and construction of past and ongoing projects (mega-sized LNG plants, large-sized gas processing plants and GTL).
The purpose of this position is to provide Cost estimation based on requirements for both Onshore and Offshore Projects.
* Coordinate with Engineering, Construction, Procurement and Project groups to review the scope and requirements of Estimate.
* At various project stages preparing Engineering and Construction Cost Estimates. Using input from Client, discipline engineers, procurement, construction, vendors and sub-contractors.
* Review the BOQ prepared by Engineering, if need prepare detailed BOQ, Pricing in Estimation of small and medium size projects (BOQ preparation on P&IDs, Plot plans etc. for BOQ).
* Knowledge in Manhour Norms for Egg and Construction.
* Ensure the Costing Database reflects current market rates and client data.
* Prepare Cost Estimate for Submission to Client.
* Minimum 10 years Experience in oil and gas, hydrocarbon processing industries brown and green field projects. (Middle East experience would be an advantage).
* At least 5 years of experience in Middle East.
* Interpersonal skills and the ability to work within multinational environment.
* Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal) with ability to interact across multiple disciplines.
* A high level of computer literacy, basically MS Excel, MS Word and Power point.
* Prepare FEED, EPC, EPCm Cost Estimates for both Onshore and Offshore Projects.
* Experience in piping, insulation, painting, mechanical and process equipments, HVAC, etc. estimation.
* Liaise with Engineering Discipline Engineers to obtain necessary input for Level of Estimate.
* Liaise with Procurement Department and Vendors for Cost Inputs.
* Liaise with Project Control Department to obtain Execution Schedule at various project stages.
* Prepare, maintain and update Cost historical data for FEED, EPCm and EPC.
About the Company
Chiyoda Almana is striving to become Reliability No. 1 Company for Clients in all phase of project development from EPC to Operation and Maintenance (O&M) in the field of Plant Life Cycle Engineering.
We will continue to contribute further to Qatari sustainable development by following on from our design and construction of past and ongoing projects (mega-sized LNG plants, large-sized gas processing plants and GTL). We intend to provide this service not only in Qatar but in the Middle East and in other countries.