Doha, Qatar Environmental Coordinator Job, 13th Aug, 2014
Ashghal (Public Works Authority)
• Coordinate environmental legislative issues with relation to building projects with PMC’s, other contractors, Ashghal project and design staff.
• Maintain an awareness of how environmental legislation impacts projects;
• Ensure that field surveys are conducted: collecting data to establish a baseline condition for levels of pollution or contamination for a site or area of consideration;
• Interpret data: this can include detailed assessment of data, often using software-modeling packages to identify whether ‘contamination’ exists in accordance with current legislation;
• Incorporate essential occupational health, safety, and environmental requirements in all
purchasing and control actions. Recommend the purchase of safety equipment and supplies.
• Development of conceptual models: this involves identification and consideration of the potential contaminant sources, critical pathways and receptors that could potentially have an adverse impact on the immediate and wider environment;
• Write report : completion of detailed scientific reporting, written in a manner that can be understood by non-technical people;
• Communicate with staff, PMC’s on environmental issue concerning the building projects.
• Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position
Must have 5 to 7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. A BA/BS or AD degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or
Environmental Sciences, or in a related field is preferred
About the Company
Ashghal is the Public Works Authority in the State of Qatar and is responsible for the construction and management of Roads, Highways, Waste Water facilities and Public Buildings.
It aims at being responsive at all times to the nations needs by providing effective community service and engagement to ensure that it is continuously meeting changing needs. Ashghal seeks to deliver state-of-the-art infrastructure development that caters for Qatar’s social, economic and political flourishing while being the Quality advocates.